Members: Log In
Email:
Password:
Keep Me Logged In
  Forgot Password?
Not a member?
JOIN HERE
Find and click on your name.

UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS



•   Karen Ashley (Agan)  7/25
•   Denise Wyatt (Sawyer)  7/27
•   Jerry Hopkins  7/29
•   Doug McGriff  7/31
•   Jean Goss (Verner)  8/3
•   Judy Lewis (Stafford)  8/4
•   Jane Collins (Ingram)  8/5
•   James H. Rechsteiner  8/5
•   Ernie Dunton  8/11
•   Robert Morris  8/11
•   Joseph Lennox-Smith  8/12
•   Mark Livengood  8/14
•   Fred Hardwick  8/20

DONATE


Support our site! If you would like to support this web site please click the Donate button below. Donations can be made by PayPal, or with a regular credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.


WHO'S ONLINE NOW


No registered users are online right now.

PROFILE UPDATES


•   Vickey Franklin (DuBreuil)  7/1
•   Stephanie Loftin (Hardy)  6/28
•   Nancy Calaman (Heidt)  6/27
•   Ricky Little  4/7
•   James Castleberry  2/15
•   Susan Sentell (Sanders)  1/21
•   Fred Hardwick  1/20
•   June Pharr (Newell)  1/2
•   Elaine Robitalille (Fulbright)  1/1
•   Jimmy Hucks  12/13
Show More

WHERE ARE
THEY NOW



MISSING CLASSMATES


Know the email address of a missing Classmate? Click here to contact them!

WHERE WE LIVE


Who lives where - select from the dropdown to find out.


JOINED CLASSMATES


Percentage of Joined Classmates: 49.7%


A:   180   Joined
B:   182   Not Joined

R L Osborne High School
Class Of 1971

                       

                                  

 
 
   
 
            
 
 

In the heart of old Cobb County
Reared against the skies
Proudly stands our alma mater
As the years go by
Osborne High School we will honor
True and loyal be
Ever crowned with grace and glory
Osborne, hail to thee.......... -Ruby Hildebrand, 1936

 

 As the oldest high school in Cobb County, R. L. Osborne has served as a cornerstone of our community for more than 120 years. Established as Olive Springs Community School in 1881, the building was comprised of a single room serving grades one through eight.  Housed in the Olive Springs Baptist Church, little is known about the history of the community school until 1919. As a member of a faculty of only three, Mr. Robert L. Osborne became Principal of Olive Springs Community School in 1919. Over the next nine years, Mr. Osborne worked tirelessly to serve a growing population.  In 1928, Olive Springs moved from its original location at Olive Springs Baptist Church to Joyner Avenue.  As the new school opened on September 10, 1928, it employed ten teachers and served 350 students in grades one through nine. In 1936, recognizing and honoring Mr. Osborne's commitment to the community, Olive Springs School was renamed Robert L Osborne School.In 1928, R. L. Osborne became a fully accredited Senior High School. R. L. Osborne's first graduating class in 1939 boasted 25 members, 13 boys and 12 girls. As the school moved to its present location on Favor Road in 1962, Mr. Osborne retired. His 49 years of service helped to both shape and impact the Osborne community for generations to come.

 

 

 
 
 

Get a playlist! Standalone player